Monday 4 March 2013

I challenge myself :)

For the longest time, I only blogged when I was sad. Writing became an outlet of expression for when I was feeling depressed, stressed and negative. It was recently that I came to realise that… no one wants to read about sadness all the time.

Sure, friends would sympathise when you occasionally wrote about the bad day you had at work, or the occasional disagreement you had with your boyfriend, but no one would be interested to read or even hear about it day in, day out. Even if I were the best writer or storyteller, I don’t think anyone would like to be, or should be exposed to that amount of negativity for an extended period of time. In a way, this is why I ‘reactivated’ this blog.

My new goal was to write about life; I would write about my achievements, and I would write about my failures. All in all, the goal was to provide my readers with a good mix of stories about my life and share my new discoveries. In order to achieve that, I look to my everyday life to find new inspiration and stories to share.

Alternatively, I could end up one being one of those sarcastic bloggers that attack and deride everything they see each day. But that’s not me. I am learning that even complaining about something is negative energy where you need to limit your audience. You’ll never know if it backfires on you, like when you bitched about something to the wrong person and end up getting backstabbed.

I am reminded daily by Don Miguel Ruiz's 1st agreement:

Be Impeccable With Your Word
Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.

Hence, my new goal as a writer is to entertain and inspire! ^_^

Moving forward, I would like to challenge myself to write about more diverse topics. Politics will probably not be my thing, but generally, I believe I can write about anything else. A friend from university asked me if I would try writing a script for something he wants to film this year, and I am seriously considering trying it out :) Really hope I can do it.

What would you like to read about? Let me know and perhaps I can put my skills to the test and write a piece about it. Post your requested topics below! ^_^

No comments: